Something I need to explain.
I know there are many people out there who don’t ship Johnlock. It’s completely understandable since there’s no stone-hard proof of it existing and the writers show no intentions of making it happen. However, coming from a Johnlock shipper, I want to make something perfectly clear from an open-minded point of view.
There is absolutely no evidence, proof, or even inclination that John has romantic feelings for Sherlock. Really the only things he’s ever done that even suggest anything more than friendship are his speech at Sherlock’s grave, his confession on the train car, and him saying that he loved Sherlock and Mary more than anyone else in the world (which could be taken both ways).
But, you literally cannot deny that Sherlock has more feelings for John. There is too much evidence of it, especially in the third season. He admitted to being gay in The Study in Pink, but said clearly that he wasn’t interested in a relationship with anyone. That was his first day meeting John. But as time went on, he became more and more infatuated with him and it was extremely obvious.
1. We’re going out tonight—Sorry, I have a date—A what?—Where two people who like each other go out and have fun?—That’s what I was suggesting.—No it’s not. At least I hope not.—*looks away frustratedly* (The Blind Banker)
2. This is my friend, John Watson.—Friend?—Colleague.—*looks sad* (The Blind Banker)
3. Every single fucking time he got jealous of and got rid of John’s girlfriends. (The Blind Banker; A Scandal in Belgravia—where they hinted to there being multiple women he did this to.)
4. Every single fucking time he refused to deny that him and John were a couple.
5. His panic when John was being threatened or kidnapped or worried that John didn’t trust him anymore. (The Reichenbach Fall (twice); The Empty Herse; His Last Vow)
6. His entire Best Man Speech. (The Sign of Three)
7. His face either looking constantly sad looking at John or his eyes being red and puffy like he’d just gotten done crying, was trying not to crying, or was currently crying. (The Reichenbach Fall (St. Bart’s); The Empty Herse (the reunion, working with Molly instead of John, the multiple times he apologized to John, rescuing John from the bonfire—not counting the train car scene because that was fake); The Sign of Three (almost every fucking second of the episode that was not a flashback); His Last Vow (almost every fucking second of the episode, period).
8. John Watson is his only real weakness. Yes, Magnassun saw Redbeard, John, Irene, Mrs. Hudson, Moriarty, and drugs on the list, but he had to look more into everything except for Redbeard and John and decided that John overpowered Redbeard’s leverage by a shit ton.
9. In the entire series, John is the only person that Sherlock admits to loving. Which is weird considering his brother and his parents are characters in the show and he won’t even say it to them.
Now, I wouldn’t be so sure of myself if it weren’t for the main theme of the third season, which is obviously not Sherlock solving crimes (because there’s no Moriarty). It’s about Sherlock and John’s friendship. It was made perfectly clear that John has no feelings other than friendship for Sherlock (which I find debatable but for the sake of the non johnlock shippers out there, I’ll give you that), but Sherlock clearly has feelings for John.
That doesn’t mean Johnlock at all. It just means BBC Sherlock is 50x more depressing than it already was.